1. Create an account, upload your article and agree to creative common license terms.
2. Our editors will review your submission for legitimacy and respect to basic scientific standards.
3. Upon acceptance, your paper will receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and will be published in the journal.
Preparing your manuscript
Manuscript preparation checklist:
1. Title: in English, followed by title in any language
2. Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s)
3. Indicate the corresponding author including full address and contact e-mail
4. Abstract in English and/or the original language of the manuscript: There is no word limit for abstracts, however, 130-word abstracts are encouraged as they will be completely visible without downloading on www.josha-journal.org.
5. Keywords: in English, followed by keywords in any language. Please keep in mind that If you wish only to deposit your manuscript on the JOSHA Archive and not publish it on JOSHA Journal include the words "Archive only "on the keywords
6. Main text: There is no limit for length or number of figures/tables. Please, ensure consistency in style and format throughout the text. We prefer to use size 12 fonts and 1.5 spacing, numbered pages and justified text. A brief CV together with an image of the author/artist included at the end of the manuscript is encouraged.
7. References: In alphabetic order of author's first and last name – including title of journal, volume, issue, and page number of the article, year of publication.
8. Convert your manuscript to PDF and in addition email the Word Version to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
We also encourage our authors to send a video recording along with the article (in the form of a link uploaded to Youtube)
Submitting your publication
You will be requested to complete the following fields during submission (fields with * are mandatory):
1. Corresponding author name, e-mail and affiliation*
2. Other author(s) name(s) and e-mail
3. Title*: in English, followed by title in any language
4. Keywords*: in English, followed by keywords in any language
5. Category (select one)*: Arts, Philosophy/Ethics/Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Special Topics
6. Manuscript type (select one)*: Original paper, review, presentation, thesis, reading list, book, catalogue, presentation, technical report, letter, other
7. Abstract in English*: There is no word limit for abstracts, however, 130-word abstracts are encouraged as they will be completely visible without downloading on www.josha-journal.org
8. Upload your manuscript* as PDF
9. Upload a picture for final PDF: You may attach a picture for your final PDF with a minimal resolution of 2000 x 2000 pixels, which will be used to mark your contribution visible without downloading on www.josha-journal.org
10. Accept terms and Conditions: Before your submission can be published, you have to agree to the following:
- I am authorised by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that the article does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0.
- I will not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- I have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I confirm that the article contains nothing that is unlawful, defamatory, or which would constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy.
- Regarding attribution, I will give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made.
- JOSHA reserves the right to discontinue the service at any time and without notice. In case of discontinuing the service no refund or compensation is made.
- JOSHA ensures service availability of over 90 % measured over an annual period.
- The contents represent only and solely the opinion of their authors.
- The place of jurisdiction is Freiburg i. Brsg., Germany.
- If any provision of these terms is invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
11. Review and acceptance: You will receive a PDF proof of the manuscript for your acceptance. After your approval of the PDF proof and your acceptance of JOSHA’s terms and conditions for publications (see below), your publication will be available online immediately.
12. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have at: email@example.com
Plagiarism Screening Policy
All articles submitted to JOSHA will be screened for plagiarism, and those leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism will be immediately rejected.